Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Re: policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Re: policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the emacs tarball
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 06:21:33 -0800

>>    git submodule add -b elpa/ada-mode .../emacs.git where/I/want/to/put/it
>
> This seems not to work the way I want it: it re-downloads the whole
> emacs.git repository :-(

But that doesn't actually increase disk space, because git realizes it
alreayd has the files, and uses links. So the end result is what we
want; the local repository for emacs with bundled elpa packages contains
only one copy of elpa.git.

It would be nice if git were even smarter, but we can work with this.

--
-- Stephe