Re: BUG: org-cycle does not unfold some subtrees

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: BUG: org-cycle does not unfold some subtrees
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 13:53:46 +0200

Hi Michael, Ihor, ...
* Michael Dauer <mick.dauer@gmail.com> [2023-05-14; 12:56 +02]:
> I think I found a way to consistently reproduce the issue:
>>>>
> * h1
> aaaaa
> * h2
> bbbbb
> * h3
> bbbbb
> * h4
> ccccc
> <<<
> Collapse all. All is fine at this time.
> At pos-min call (query-replace) bbb -> zzz: Already when asking whether to
> replace it cannot expand. h2 and h3 are expansion is broken.

I confirm this recipe.  For me and with my
configuration, as with emacs -Q, I then cannot unfold
h2.

> (org-fold-core--clear-isearch-overlays) repairs it.

This is also the case with my configuration, as with
emacs -Q.

Then I can unfold all headings and see that the
replacement bbb --> zzz worked.

GNU Emacs 29.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo version 1.16.0) of
2023-05-04
Org mode version 9.7-pre (release_9.6.5-357-g080710 @
/home/grfz/src/org-mode/lisp/)

Ciao; Gregor