is it possible to choose a completion engine?

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: is it possible to choose a completion engine?
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 15:08:37 -0600

Org currently stands out from my workflow because it does completions its own
way, with lists and number/letter keys. It would be nice if I could instead
have the benefit of vertico, or helm, or whatever else instead. Org would even
benefit from marginalia and embark in some cases. Is there an easy variable I'm
missing to make org use completing-reads instead of the indexing thing it does?

Thanks!
- Tory