Re: is it possible to choose a completion engine?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: is it possible to choose a completion engine?
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 13:05:19 +0000

webdev@toryanderson.com (Tory S. Anderson) writes:

> Org currently stands out from my workflow because it does completions its own
> way, with lists and number/letter keys. It would be nice if I could instead
> have the benefit of vertico, or helm, or whatever else instead. Org would
> even benefit from marginalia and embark in some cases. Is there an easy
> variable I'm missing to make org use completing-reads instead of the indexing
> thing it does?

This is because you customized your tags/todo keywords to have a quick
key binding to set. By default, Org uses custom "fast" interface for
completion in such cases. You can either remove the bindings to
explicitly set `org-use-fast-tag-selection' and/or
`org-use-fast-todo-selection' to nil.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,