Re: [BUG] WORG example for ob-lilypond is no longer working as described

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: [BUG] WORG example for ob-lilypond is no longer working as described
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 08:33:03 +0200

> "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <arne_bab@web.de> writes:
>
>> I typically use it directly, but if the maintenance burden is
>> manageable, I could offer maintenance here, too (once I have the papers
>> in place).
>
> I have recently seen https://masto.ai/@rfc1149/110674961710491363 that
> revealed a problem with example from
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-lilypond.html#org29a742f
>
> Instead of lilypond fragments, full pages are inserted when exporting to pdf.
>
> Upon further investigation, it looks like something changed in how
> Lilypond defines page layout.
>
> Arne, maybe you can point me in the right direction?

I would love to, because I have the same problem. But the only solution
I found was to crop the images that get inserted from lilypond:

\includegraphics[width=0.96\linewidth, keepaspectratio, trim=0 160cm 0
0]{delfini-tune}% trim, because lilypond creates full-page pngs

This is the lilypond-file in questoin:
https://hg.sr.ht/~arnebab/draketos-songbook/browse/delfini-tune.ly?rev=tip

Converted to PNG in a two step process:
lilypond -dbackend=eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts --pdf -o
"$(basename "$i" .ly)"-lily $i
convert -density 600 "$(basename "$i" .ly)"-lily.pdf "$(basename "$i" .ly)".png

@lilypond-user: I didn’t find solutions, so I’m CC’ing you as those who
                might know. Can the page layout be changed to only the
                content, not the whole page?

Best wishes,
Arne
--