Re: [BUG] WORG example for ob-lilypond is no longer working as described

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] WORG example for ob-lilypond is no longer working as described (was: Moving some lisp/ob-*.el files to org-contrib - your advice?)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 07:37:14 +0000

Jonathan Gregory <jgrg@autistici.org> writes:

>> May your please explain what is "basic mode".
>
> Basic mode is explained in
> https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-lilypond.html.
> In summary:
>
> With basic-mode you can embed LilyPond snippets into an Org-mode
> file, compile and export them using typical Org-mode commands
> (such as C-c C-e l p for PDF export). This is useful if you want
> to mix blocks of LilyPond-generated score with text, and perhaps
> other images to export to LaTeX, Docbook, PDF, or HTML.

I am slightly confused because there seems to be a need to define some
page settings manually to get "embedded" images. In the examples in
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-lilypond.html#org2c29903,
there is no mention that we need to define page geometry. Yet, the
section is claiming that base mode "can embed LilyPond snippets into an
Org-mode file".

What am I missing?

>> And what about users who do want a full page?
>
> In that case the user would use "arrange mode", which is also
> explained in the ob-doc-lilypond.html page.

Thanks for the clarification!

>> Noweb and babel references are not allowed in header args. And
>> ob-emacs-lisp also does not support :prologue.
>
> I see, so there's no built-in way to auto-insert a boilerplate
> without using the <<>> reference *inside* source blocks. Anyway,
> let's not worry about this for now.

There is, but you will have to use direct Elisp to get :prologue string:

#+name: test
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(message "This is test")
#+end_src

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :prologue (org-sbe test)
(+ 1 2)
#+end_src

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,