Htmlize support, maintenance, and Org mode (was: [MAINTENANCE] Org orpha

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Htmlize support, maintenance, and Org mode (was: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 15:36:46 +0000

Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:

> `htmlize' is currently maintained at https://github.com/hniksic/emacs-htmlize
> but its maintainer hasn't been responding to any issues and pull-requests
> for quite some time now and seems to be inactive on Github altogether.

Hmm... Org has built-in htmlize support and I did not know that it is
not maintained actively.

Note that Timothy wrote https://github.com/tecosaur/engrave-faces that
provides similar functionality but not just for HTML.

We might consider extending engrave-faces to cover all the htmlize
features.

> Regardless of where this package will eventually end up being
> maintained, it would be a good idea to keep it on Github at least until
> most of the issues and pull-requests that have already been opened there
> have been resolved.

Or we can simply hand-pick that 13 open Github issues and transfer them
manually. (Does not mean that we have to do it, but I see not why having
a few issues on Github should be a blocker to anything)

> It seems to me it would be a good idea if Hrvoje gave one or more Org
> maintainer commit access to this repository.  Alternatively we could
> maintain it at https://github.com/emacsorphanage/htmlize, and I could
> take care of giving commit access, but in that case Hrvoje would also
> have to get involved briefly at least, to transfer the repository to
> that organization.

Also an option.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,