Re: Htmlize support, maintenance, and Org mode (was: [MAINTENANCE] Org o

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: Htmlize support, maintenance, and Org mode (was: [MAINTENANCE] Org orphanage?)
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 15:15:38 +0200

> Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:
>
>> `htmlize' is currently maintained at https://github.com/hniksic/emacs-htmlize
>> but its maintainer hasn't been responding to any issues and pull-requests
>> for quite some time now and seems to be inactive on Github altogether.
>
> Hmm... Org has built-in htmlize support and I did not know that it is
> not maintained actively.

I only installed htmlize because org-html-fontify-code told me to do so.
Should it not have done that?  I did not have any version of htmlize
installed prior to this.

>> Regardless of where this package will eventually end up being
>> maintained, it would be a good idea to keep it on Github at least until
>> most of the issues and pull-requests that have already been opened there
>> have been resolved.
>
> Or we can simply hand-pick that 13 open Github issues and transfer them
> manually. (Does not mean that we have to do it, but I see not why having
> a few issues on Github should be a blocker to anything)

The idea was to let those who have already opened pull-requests on
Github and have been patiently waiting for a response ever since, to
finish the work there.