Re: [POLL] Should we accept breaking changes to get rid of Org libraries

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [POLL] Should we accept breaking changes to get rid of Org libraries that perform side effects when loading?
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 16:00:41 +0200

On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 01:44:03PM +0000, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Russell Adams <RLAdams@adamsinfoserv.com> writes:
>
> >> What do you mean?
> >
> > I think Markdown has different levels?
>
> Do you mean # title vs. ## title?

https://www.markdownguide.org/basic-syntax

look at the alternate syntax where they under line with different symbols.

> > Has there ever been a reason to diversify the heading syntax to allow
> > levels or changes in visibility?
> >
> > ** TODO
> >
> > === TODO Inline item under todo
> >
> > --- DONE something else?
> >
> > ### TODO invis to all except interactive editing
>
> That's even more features. I feel confused about what you are trying to
> convey.

It is, but it's just brainstorming along the lines of needing an
inline task syntax.

We have a solid heading syntax, with one or more asterisks followed by
keywords and heading metadata. Given we're talking about adding more
flags in the metadata, I'm just asking if we should consider
alternatives to just asterisks to help indicate differences.

An inline task exempt from folding should be eye catching to
differentiate it from other headings. Perhaps something other than
asterisks is appropriate?

                                    https://www.adamsinfoserv.com/