Re: [DISCUSSION] Re-design of inlinetasks

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] Re-design of inlinetasks
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 18:32:34 +0000

Russell Adams <RLAdams@adamsinfoserv.com> writes:

> That said, I think the question is would any code for interpreting
> embedded org source blocks be cleaner than the existing inline task code.

I disagree. Src blocks are usually excluded from agendas and other
normal Org interactions - they are normally considered verbatim text
from the point of view of Org parser.

Special treatment of org src blocks would still introduce extra special
handling and on top of that interfere with the existing uses of org src
blocks, where the inner Org structure is not expected to have any effect.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,