Re: [DISCUSSION] May we recognize everything like [[protocol:uri]] as a

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] May we recognize everything like [[protocol:uri]] as a non-fuzzy link? (was: [BUG] URI handling is overly complicated and nonstandard [9.6.7 (N/A @ /gnu/store/mg7223g8mw90lccp6mm5g6f3mpjk70si-emacs-org-9.6.7/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-9.6.7/)])
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 07:26:42 +0000

"Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <arne_bab@web.de> writes:

>> May you elaborate about what is going to be broken?
>
> I have many links where I use <<sec:spielbeispiel>> along with
> [[sec:spielbeispiel]], often along with
> @@latex:\phantomsection\label{sec:spielbeispiel}@@ to enable reliable
> inline linking inside org-mode and across different export formats.
>
> If I understood the proposal right, all of these would break. Or did I
> misundestand that?

What I had in mind is that only parser will be changed.
Now, [[sec:spielbeispiel]] is

(link :type "fuzzy" :path "sec:spielbeispiel" ...)

With my proposal, it would become

(link :type "sec" :path "spielbeispiel" ...)

However, "sec" link type will still not be listed in the output
`org-link-types' (not registered).

Then, ox.el and other link processing code, when encountering a link
type that is not registered, will fall back to searching "fuzzy" link.

So, export, and following the link should not be affected.

There might be caveats related to parser though.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,