Re: Feature request: kill-buffer for org-capture-finalize

From: Eduardo Suarez-Santana
Subject: Re: Feature request: kill-buffer for org-capture-finalize
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 13:34:15 +0100

On Fri, Sep 08, 2023 at 12:10:23PM +0000, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Eduardo Suarez <esuarez@itccanarias.org> writes:
>
> > The function org-capture-finalize allows an argument to 'jump-to-capture'. I
> > think it may be a good idea to add a new argument to 'kill-buffer' after the
> > capture is finalized. This would be useful to avoid having to kill the
> > capture
> > buffer manually. I assume that if ':kill-buffer' is intended as the default
> > behavior, then it would be better to set it in the capture template.
>
> May you explain a bit more about the problem you are trying to solve?
> Isn't the temporary capture buffer killed after capture already?
> Or do you refer to the org buffer where the capture is recorded?

Sorry about that. I refer to the org buffer where the capture is recorded. I
meant:

"This would be useful to avoid having to kill the target buffer manually."

I like to keep the target buffer open after the capture is finalized so I can
review the changes later, but sometimes I'd rather prefer to kill it because I
already assume that the changes are correct. This helps to keep the buffer list
clean.