Re: Feature request: kill-buffer for org-capture-finalize

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Feature request: kill-buffer for org-capture-finalize
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 12:38:07 +0000

Eduardo Suarez-Santana <esuarez@itccanarias.org> writes:

>> May you explain a bit more about the problem you are trying to solve?
>> Isn't the temporary capture buffer killed after capture already?
>> Or do you refer to the org buffer where the capture is recorded?
>
> Sorry about that. I refer to the org buffer where the capture is recorded. I
> meant:
>
> "This would be useful to avoid having to kill the target buffer manually."
>
> I like to keep the target buffer open after the capture is finalized so I can
> review the changes later, but sometimes I'd rather prefer to kill it because I
> already assume that the changes are correct. This helps to keep the buffer
> list
> clean.

Did you consider :kill-buffer property in `org-capture-templates'?

 :kill-buffer        If the target file was not yet visited by a buffer when
                     capture was invoked, kill the buffer again after capture
                     is finalized.

Or do you mean that you sometimes want to kill the target org buffer and
sometimes not?

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,