Re: Case insensitivity of simple [[links]]

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Case insensitivity of simple [[links]]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:35:26 +0200

> You might as well use [[Link]].

For context, I use '#+OPTIONS: num:nil', which means that '[[link]]'
exports as 'link' and not a section number.  I thought about using
'[[Link]]' as you suggest, but it would make almost all sentences I
write ungrammatical.  For comparison, consider:

Properly capitalized:

  The set of cellular membrane-bound organelles inside of the eukaryotic
  cell that work together on the synthesis and distribution of proteins
  and lipids.

Sentence-capitalized to make Org find the respective headings:

  The set of Cellular membrane-bound Organelles inside of the Eukaryotic
  cell that work together on the synthesis and distribution of Proteins
  and Lipids.

> As for case sensitivity, it is something we might discuss. I just
> outlined the current state of the Org code.

Thank you for outlining the current state.  I asked about it because I
have been struggling with this problem for a long time, and I was not
sure whether Org can or cannot do it, particularly given the fact that
my use of literal links is as simple as it gets.

If someone could fix this problem, say by adding link case-insensitivity
to '#+OPTIONS', I am willing to sponsor it financially, as the current
behavior is my biggest problem with the Org mode.

Rudy
--
"'Obvious' is all too often a synonym for 'wrong'."
-- Jeff Erickson, Algorithms, 2019

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava