Re: Feature request: export form feed as page break

From: Marvin Gülker
Subject: Re: Feature request: export form feed as page break
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 08:08:19 +0200

Am Sonntag, dem 22. Oktober 2023 schrieb Jambunathan K:
> I am the original author of ox-odt.el.
>
> The page break feature is available as part of
> https://github.com/kjambunathan/org-mode-ox-odt

I took a look at
https://github.com/kjambunathan/org-mode-ox-odt/blob/master/notes/SNIPPETS.org#improve-support-for-pagebreaks
and indeed, there is a page break feature, but it seems to be exclusive
to this backend. I would prefer it if the page break feature was part of
org’s actual markup and thus work with all backends, including LaTeX,
without backend-specific markup.

> This is a fork of the ODT exporter in Emacs Orgmode.

I heard of it before; for now I think I want to stick with upstream org.
I do keep an eye on this fork in case I need one of its exclusive
features. Since from a technical point, I am mostly writing pretty
boring pure text documents, it worked out until now mostly.

  -MG

--
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu | PGP: Siehe Webseite
Passau, Deutschland  | kontakt@guelker.eu    | O<