Re: Feature request: export form feed as page break

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Feature request: export form feed as page break
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 11:30:57 +0530

I am the original author of ox-odt.el.

The page break feature is available as part of
https://github.com/kjambunathan/org-mode-ox-odt

This is a fork of the ODT exporter in Emacs Orgmode.

If you are interested, please open an Discussions thread or a Issue on
Github.  Outline your requirements, and I will be happy to share a
recipe or improve the ODT exporter.

For those who rely on ODT exporter--I know there aren't many--please
consider switching to my repo.

If you are going to ask for a feature request for ODT exporter in
emacs-orgmode, you can get some lip-service, and low-effort
patches. (TLDR: The ODT exporter in Emacs is a working, but a dead
code.)

If you are going to ask for a feature request from me, you will
actually see patches.  (TLDR: I have been at this exporter for well
over 13 years now.  See my contribution activity on Github).

As a PSA, I have been working on an experimental ODS export feature in
order to help Uwe Brauer share Org mode tables (with TBLFMs) to ODS
spreadsheet with Excel formulae.

PS: ox-odt fork is a GPL software. (People who insist on licenses and go crazy about it are commercial minded, or ideological nuts. I am your neighbour uncle who wants to help you (and interact with you) in an unstructured setting ...

Jambunathan K.