Re: org-beamer: Insert \framebreak between blocks

From: yaxp
Subject: Re: org-beamer: Insert \framebreak between blocks
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 22:02:54 +0530

On 25/10/23 21:57, Fraga, Eric wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 Oct 2023 at 21:32, yaxp wrote:
However, I would prefer to have a better solution than this because this
"breaks" the flow of the file.
It does break the flow but only because *you* are imposing the break.  I
don't know of any other (more elegant) way to achieve what you want.
Maybe others do.

I'd like to publish the .org file too, and I hope to make it just as
convenient to read as the produced PDF.
It's difficult to have the marked text (which has both semantic and
specific typographical directives) be as "clean" as the resulting PDF.
org is good at minimising noise in the file but you cannot remove it
completely.  Sometimes macros can help but probably not in this case
without being fragile.

Also, is there any reasoning behind why the current behavior is the way
it is?
Yes, very simply: there is no way to indicate the end of a "block".  The
start is defined by the heading but only ends when another heading at
the same or higher level is started.  This is related to a longstanding
desire by many to have the ability to explicitly end a subheading.  The
grammar does not allow for this and there have been many discussions on
the mailing list over the years about this.  The situtation is unlikely
to change.

eric

Makes sense. Thank you :)

--