Re: Preferred posting style

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: Preferred posting style
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 08:32:44 +0100

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 08:58:32PM -0700, David Masterson wrote:
>> yaxp <yaxp@cock.li> writes:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Which posting style is preferable in this list?
>> >
>> > Top or Bottom.
>>
>> A decades old argument.  Top makes it easier for many mail readers to
>> slice off all the previous thread history (which the reader has in
>> the message,
>>
>> Most Emacs related mailing lists / newsgroups prefer bottom.
>
> Let me add that top posting, while it might kind-of-work for personal
> mail breaks down spectacularly in mailing lists.
>
> A mixture of both is worse,of course :-)
>
> Cheers

Assuming the quoting of previous postings works (above there seems to be
a discrepancy between '>>' and '> >', although Gnus seems to handle
that),  is there some sort of 'bottom-postify' command which would
reorder the quotes?  I occasionally do this by hand if I find the text
makes no sense to me otherwise.

Cheers,

Loris

--
This signature is currently under constuction.