Re: Preferred posting style

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Preferred posting style
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 08:43:07 +0100

On Wed, Nov 01, 2023 at 08:32:44AM +0100, Loris Bennett wrote:

[...]

> Assuming the quoting of previous postings works (above there seems to be
> a discrepancy between '>>' and '> >', although Gnus seems to handle
> that),  is there some sort of 'bottom-postify' command which would
> reorder the quotes?  I occasionally do this by hand if I find the text
> makes no sense to me otherwise.

ISTR there was something, not in the Emacs context, alas, and before
the First Internet Supernova (aka roughly Y2K, when Google had the
choice to either go bust or go evil).

I guess it won't work, since proper "bottom posting" is a bit more
than just putting the whole kaboodle above and your two lines below.

It takes some involvement on the responder's side to pick and choose
the parts of the message she's addressing in the response.

Perhaps, with a large language model...

More seriously: those are simply different cultures. I strongly doubt
you can bridge that with "just" a technical device (although it may
help sometimes).

Cheers