Re: [DISCUSSION] Allowing footnote-references inside parsed keywords (#+

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] Allowing footnote-references inside parsed keywords (#+AUTHOR, #+TITLE, etc)
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 17:49:36 +0000

Marvin Gülker <post+orgmodeml@guelker.eu> writes:

> Am Freitag, dem 02. Februar 2024 schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
>> What if you have multiple authors?
>
> At least in my discipline, we only have one footnote even in such a
> case, which then is a little longer and describes each author
> individually in a separate sentence. So, one AUTHOR_FN keyword would be
> enough for me.

Single footnote is certainly not always a standard.
You may check a random article from ScienceDirect:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2090123221001491

Or, as a terminal case, https://arxiv.org/abs/2310.04277 with 1000+
authors. (well, they do put a single footnote there and move all the
authors to separate page).

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,