Re: Exporting multiple #+AUTHOR keywords

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Exporting multiple #+AUTHOR keywords
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 22:13:09 +0000

Max Nikulin writes:

> On 04/02/2024 22:21, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
>>
>> Another option is to have a new set of keywords:
>> #+LATEX_AUTHOR: <author with formatting goes here>
>> #+HTML_AUTHOR: ...
>>
>> For multiple authors, we may introduce something like
>>
>> #+AUTHOR: John Doe
>> #+AUTHOR+: Luke Skywalker
>
> Another idea:
>
> #+metadata:
> - author ::
>    - John Doe
>    - Luke Skywalker
> - title :: Some text
>
> With overrides for specific backends
>
> #+metadata: :backend latex
> - author :: ....
>
> Perhaps backends may declare if they support footnotes, etc. by defining
> some backend property.

I like both ideas. If I had to choose, perhaps I would prefer Ihor's
approach since it separates the formatting value and the metadata value
using simple keywords. I understand that in the former you could add any
direct format (LaTeX, odt, html...), macros and even footnotes. And if
the former is not explicitly included in the document, then the latter
is used to populate both the formatting value and the metadata value.

Anyway, I think your approach would work very well for more complex pdf
metadata like xmp. Maybe using the hyperxmp package, which you mentioned
in a thread months ago?

Maybe something like this:

#+latex_xmp
#+end