Re: Asynchronous blocks for everything (was Re: [BUG] Unexpected result

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: Asynchronous blocks for everything (was Re: [BUG] Unexpected result when evaluating python src block asynchronously [9.7-pre (release_9.6.17-1131-gc9ed03.dirty @ /home/yantar92/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)])
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 16:31:42 -0800

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:

> The challenge I've found with Babel is figuring out how to make the changes.
> My current approach is to address bugs and to make changes that move us
> toward something like the ob-blub implementation.  I wonder if it might help
> to discuss the core ideas and use a minimal reference implementation that
> serves as a guide for the actual changes we make.
>
> Curious to hear other people's thoughts!

I don't remember the details, but my past self [1] thought it would be
good to find a way to replace `process-file' with `make-process' in
`org-babel--shell-command-on-region' or `org-babel-eval', and it seems
you are thinking along those lines with `my-org-babel-eval-async'. Hope
you're able to make progress on this and get the improvements into
ob-eval.el eventually.

[1] https://list.orgmode.org/871rczg7bi.fsf@gmail.com/#t