Re: org-mode: example blocks are no longer syntax highlighted in emacs

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: org-mode: example blocks are no longer syntax highlighted in emacs
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 18:05:18 +0700

On 25/02/2024 17:04, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Rudi C writes:

After upgrading to emacs 29.2 and org 9.7, my example blocks are no longer
syntax highlighted in emacs.

Yet, there is no reason to remote it.
I recovered example block fontification on main.

At least some people are against the feature:

https://list.orgmode.org/orgmode/CA+G3_PPYmiiwHYKkgiJDZQ=o7DvaG=0G3aQnPHSBKEMZsOyG-g@mail.gmail.com/T/#u
Tom Gillespie. Re: [DISCUSSION] Refactoring fontification system. Tue, 7 Jun 2022 21:23:21 -0700.

I do not mind to have syntax highlighting support for #+begin_example blocks, but it should be coherent with ox exporters. My idea to unify #+begin_src and #+begin_example exporters was not meet warmly.

To notify users that fontification will be lost during export, the feature may be turned into an opt-in one by adding a defcustom user option disabled by default and having docstring clearly describing that language will be ignored during export and users need to suppress `org-lint' warnings.