Re: noweb-start and noweb-end header args

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: noweb-start and noweb-end header args
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 14:49:06 +0000

Amy Grinn <grinn.amy@gmail.com> writes:

> I kinda disagree with your reasoning but I agree with your conclusion.
> I think it would be strange for third party or user configuration to
> parse the value of a noweb header argument directly.  Org provides a
> lublic api for this which should be backwards compatible:
>
>   (org-babel-noweb-p (nth 2 (org-babel-get-src-block-info t)) :tangle)

Yeah, but this API is not uniform. Most other header arguments must be
retrieved using `assq'. So, it is very common to use `assq' for
everything, even if there is a specific API.
(Ideally, we need to implement a uniform API to retrieve header argument
values)

> The middle way is to create just one new header arg:
>
> :noweb-wrap <start> [end]

Maybe <end> should be mandatory. Otherwise, LGTM.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,