Re: ob-haskell and changing executables?

From: Bruno Barbier
Subject: Re: ob-haskell and changing executables?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:44:17 +0100

Hi Ihor,

> Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> If you've gotten this far you probably know more
>>> about the Haskell Babel situation than you ever wanted to, but maybe you
>>> can sniff out where this hardwire is happening.
>>
>> It's not hard coded (there is quite a lot of code just to guess the
>> right interpreter).  ob-haskell delegates the task to the
>> haskell-mode package; that's where you should be looking for to
>> configure it.
>
> Only for sessions. For src blocks with :session none, we directly call
> `org-babel-haskell-compiler'.

Good point.  I didn't check that execution path (probably because I
assumed the OP was speaking only about GHCi).

But, from what I see (function `org-babel-execute:haskell'), for
Haskell, we switch to the compiler only if explicitly requested
(':compile' option is "yes").  If not, we use the interpreter for both
with and without sessions.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks,

Bruno