Re: Table column formula with remote reference

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: Table column formula with remote reference
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 13:40:04 +0000

On Thursday, 14 Mar 2024 at 09:16, Wu Ming wrote:
> Unrelated, but appeared on the same trial, noticed a cell was
> mis-calculated. [...] This made me worry about reliability of simple
> biz calculations I am trying on Org spreadsheet for the first
> time. Please advise.

I've not seen any problems with spreadsheet/table calculations in org and use
it extensively.  I don't use remote access generally however.

In any case, one very nice feature of org tables is you can see exactly how and
what it calculates when you ask it to.  Turn on debugging by "C-c {"
(org-table-toggle-formula-debugger) and you can see all the information you
should need to identify what, if anything, is going wrong.

Turn off debugging with the same key sequence.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.19-1215-g67d937 in Emacs 30.0.50