Footnote numbering in beamer tables (was: Buggy footnote numbering)

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Footnote numbering in beamer tables (was: Buggy footnote numbering)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 15:20:31 +0000

Guillaume MULLER <guillaume.muller@emse.fr> writes:

> I hope this time I'm not mistaken.
>
> When I compile the attached file into a PDF with org-beamer-export-to-pdf, I
> get a PDF file where the footnotes numbering are using numbers in the text
> and letters in the footer.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is there a simple workaround?

Beamer is finicky wrt footnotes. See
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/118329/different-styles-of-footnote-numbering-with-beamer

Footnotes may go inside current block/column or at the bottom of the
frame when using LaTeX \footnote macro, but things get messy when using
\footnotemark + \footnotetext that Org produces in your example.

However, inside tables, Org mode cannot use \footnote - see
https://texfaq.org/FAQ-footintab

You may try a suggestion from
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/75473/org-beamer-export-uses-different-footnote-numbering-style-based-on-columns
It is not pretty.