Re: [WORG] 2680e65 * org-maintenance.org (Copyright assignments): Minor

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [WORG] 2680e65 * org-maintenance.org (Copyright assignments): Minor improvements
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 18:26:56 +0000

Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Until Org maintainers get an email confirmation for when a copyright
> assignment process is done, we can simply suggest contributors to wait
> a month before pinging the copyright clerk and to CC Org maintainers
> when doing so.  WDYT?

Sounds reasonable.
It is a longer period compared to 5 business days mentioned in
https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html, but the copyright clerk
is just a single guy taking care about all the requests...

    When the contributor emails the form to the FSF, the FSF sends per an
    electronic (usually PDF) copy of the assignment. This, or whatever
    response is required, should happen within five business days of the
    initial request. If no reply from the FSF comes after that time, please
    send a reminder. If there is still no response after an additional week,
    please write to maintainers@gnu.org about it.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,