Re: [ESPResSo-users] Lattice Boltzmann External Force

From: Ulf Schiller
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Lattice Boltzmann External Force
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 12:40:39 +0100

Hello Wolfgang:

what version of ESPResSo are you using?

The scaling of the force depends on the units. If it is a volumetric force, then it also has to be scaled with the grid spacing. Usually this is done in the initialization routine, so it does not have to be multiplied every time.

Nevertheless, even with the correct scaling you will notice a deviation from the analytic solution. That is a discretization artifact and can be improved by means of higher order boundary conditions using interpolation. Not that this requires adjusting the collision eigenvalues in order to make the viscosity independent of the boundary location.

Regards,
Ulf