Re: [ESPResSo-users] Lattice Boltzmann External Force

From: Stefan Kesselheim
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Lattice Boltzmann External Force
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 20:48:48 +0100

Hi,

just a quick question.

Am 09.02.2012 um 14:28 schrieb Wolfgang Riefler:

> Implementing this line, I get a much better result, with only a little
> offset, which is probably due to the discrete boundary.

Why would this change the offset situation? It should only change the magnitude
of the force, right? For forces that are not incredibly large, everything is
linear in the applied force, and everything should scale with the force (also
the transient behaviour).

Could you give a few more details on your parameters? Viscosity, timestep,
density, temperature, number of timesteps that you integrate. I did careful
checks on that, and I do believe that everything should be working fine.

Cheers
Stefan

> Thanks again for your help,
>
> Wolfgang