Re: [freesci-develop] cleanup patch

From: Max Horn
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] cleanup patch
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 23:38:27 -0500

Hi folks,

any news on your cleanup patch and the whole rest? No offense, but it seems this is reverting to the usual glacial speed ... :). My personal opinion is: The sooner we make the merge, the sooner things will start moving with many helping hands. IMHO, I think you shouldn'tworry too much about cleanup *before* the merge. Things like code formatting, renaming/moving headers, etc could all be done post-merge. And you would still retain a stable "clean" base version of FreeSCI, namely what you have right now.

Anyway, just my two cents. It's all up to you how you decide it, but to me it just would be sad to completely loose all of the current momentum. Though to be frank,I personally don't have much time these days to help anyway, having to prepare several talks and "job interviews" for postdoc positions, doing research and stuff. But if FreeSCI was in the ScummVM repos, I definitely would find some time on occasion to do bits here and there. And some other folks, too, I am sure.

Cheers,
Max