Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] multiple GUIs

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] multiple GUIs
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:17:55 +0200

Hello strk,

s> I'd like to enable multiple guis build too.
s> I'd name them gtk-gnash, sdl-gnash, fb-gnash etc. etc.

I'd keep "gnash" as the beginning of whatever naming convention
("Klash" and all other variants appear confusing to me). Why not
"gnash-gtk", "gnash-sdl", ...?)

BTW, gtk-gnash is ambiguous (what *renderer* is that?).

s> The rationale is that sometime you really want two or more
s> versions. For example, a framebuffer AND a gtk based gnashes.

Yes, that would be nice :)

s> Also, we know that gtk better integrates into the firefox browser,
s> so it is good if each plugin can call the better integrated gui...
s> We might have a 'gnash' shell script that takes a --gui argument
s> and fails if that gui is not available, and have some smart default
s> like starting the fb gui if not in an X context etc..

Sounds good.

It should always possible to build only one exact GUI/renderer
combination if desired, of course.

Udo