Re: [Gnash-dev] Online flashplayer testing

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Online flashplayer testing
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 20:43:32 +0200 (CEST)

--- strk <address@hidden> skrev:

> On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 02:59:18AM +0200, Tomas Groth wrote:
>
> > Gnash is communicating only with the html page that loaded the testcase,
> using
> > javascript, doing like this:
> getURL('javascript:neededFunction(parameter);')
> > So the html page uses javascripts to collect all the testdata, and sends
> all
> > the data to a php script which analyse the data and put it into the
> database.
> > This way the actual use of the database and php should be minimized,
> instead of
> > each testcase connecting to the webserver, which could be over 1000
> connections
> > in less than a minute. But since all the testcases must be loaded first,
> alot
> > of connections will be made anyway, so the stress on the server will be
> > considerable.
>
> Actually, thinking about this, we might as well make a *single* SWF for
> each target version... Ming's command-line compiler invokes the preprocessor,
> so it's enough to have a single file include all the others :)
> The first thing done in each testcase is setting rcsid, so each newly
> included
> test would override that variable when the previous test ends.
> Should work...

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by making "a *single* SWF for each
target version"... Do you mean making a special SWF for each player version out
there??
Otherwise using SWF's to load the testcases sounds like a good idea.
Btw, I managed to lose my implementation in the transport process from my work
to my home, so I'm back to sqaure one... :'(

cheers,

Tomas