Re: [Gnash-dev] Online flashplayer testing

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Online flashplayer testing
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 08:32:15 +0200

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 02:59:18AM +0200, Tomas Groth wrote:

> Gnash is communicating only with the html page that loaded the testcase, using
> javascript, doing like this: getURL('javascript:neededFunction(parameter);')
> So the html page uses javascripts to collect all the testdata, and sends all
> the data to a php script which analyse the data and put it into the database.
> This way the actual use of the database and php should be minimized, instead
> of
> each testcase connecting to the webserver, which could be over 1000
> connections
> in less than a minute. But since all the testcases must be loaded first, alot
> of connections will be made anyway, so the stress on the server will be
> considerable.

Actually, thinking about this, we might as well make a *single* SWF for
each target version... Ming's command-line compiler invokes the preprocessor,
so it's enough to have a single file include all the others :)
The first thing done in each testcase is setting rcsid, so each newly included
test would override that variable when the previous test ends.
Should work...