Re: [Gnash-dev] Screen Capture / Snapshot / Save As...

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Screen Capture / Snapshot / Save As...
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:44:46 +0100

> B> One thing I've seen significant interest in (as I've searched around
> B> trying to find the solution myself) is a way to take snapshots of a
> B> flash movie and save them as a JPG / PNG / GIF,

Hard to know what that means when you're talking about a moving object
that may have user-interaction. Personally when I need to document a
disfunciton I get gimp's Acquire-screenshot-window thing ready, run
gnash from the command line and suspend (control-Z) it to freeze
something I can grab.

> Also very easy. It's possible to create a new "GUI" using AGG which
> just creates a in-memory buffer where AGG can render in. This buffer
> can then be further processed (ie. written to a file).

Yes, the same way that mplayer and friends have a play-to-file
video-out option and create a movie/sound file. For automatic testing
of moving images that would be perfect. However, in an ideal world
that applies to all of the renderers, not just AGG

Menu-save-as only really applies to the .swf stream, since it is the
only static object around to be saved. Random screen shotting would be
better done with an external screenshot application I feel, and there
are plenty of thise already.

put it on the list... :)