Re: [Laszlo-dev] [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo

From: Henry Minsky
Subject: Re: [Laszlo-dev] [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:25:33 -0500

There should be a command line script to invoke the compiler. called "lzc". If that works , you can try this

make a test file foo.lzx:

<canvas>
  <text>This is some text</text>
  <view bgcolor="red" width="100" height="100"  y="40"/>
</canvas>

And compile it by calling

lzc foo.lzx

That should produce a foo.swf file.

I'm not sure where the lzc script gets put in the binary distribution, I'll look for it, but maybe you can do a "find" to find it when your server is installed.

If "lzc" is not working properly, but the Openlaszlo server is running, you can use "wget" http client to fetch the compiled swf file by placing foo.lzx in a directory such as "test/foo.lzx" under the  application root directory, and then using wget to fetch it, with the following query args to omit the html wrapper page:

wget -O foo.swf " http://127.0.0.1:8080/path-to-your-lps/test/foo.lzx?lzt=swf"

On 2/12/07, strk <address@hidden > wrote:
On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 07:16:23PM -0500, Henry Minsky wrote:
> Here is a simple laszlo app that just displays a line of text and a red
> square

Could you send a very minimal example in sourcecode form with
instructions on how to build the SWF from it ?
I just downloaded the openlaszlo compiler, but the the website
is full of broken links..

Henry Minsky
Software Architect
address@hidden