Re: [Laszlo-dev] [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo

From: Henry Minsky
Subject: Re: [Laszlo-dev] [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:34:28 -0500

It's got the entire runtime library in it, we don't attempt to link against the runtime to only use functions which are referenced. It just prepends the compiled runtime library to the compiled app.  It's possible to compile the app code separately if it would help debug the opcode bugs, but it won't do anything useful when it runs without the runtime library.

On 2/12/07, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 06:15:45PM -0500, Henry Minsky wrote:
> I haven't tried gcj for a long time, it did look very promising, but there
> was always
> one library or another that my apps would need for some  pointless reason
> that had not been implemented yet.  Like you needed the AWT library in order
> to do some math operation or something...

The JTS Topology Suite is full of math, and builds fine with gcj.
AWT shouldn't be needed if not for GUIs.

Back on the topic... is it normal that a test so simple contains
so much actions ? Flasm output is over 1 MB. Can you see it ?

Henry Minsky
Software Architect
address@hidden