[Gnash-dev] Programmatically creating filled shape characters (was: Draw

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Programmatically creating filled shape characters (was: Drawing bitmaps)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:25:44 +0100

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 02:17:55PM +0100, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> I recall someone mentioning that the way Gnash loads .SWF files wa
> specifically made to support loading of .JPG files instead. Can't tell
> you more, though.

I have a good view of the full pictures, I cleaned that part up
long ago. We just need to return a movie_definition implementing
create_movie_instance().
I've wrote that part. Currently I'm using a BitmapMovieInstance
subclass to movie_instance, so it does have a displaylist and
a MovieClip interface already.
Just need to setup a shape_character and put that in the displaylist.

Unfortunately the shape_character_def class doesn't have much
useful methods, only read from SWF. Dunno wheter to extend
it's interface or define new classes (I'm of the advice that more
classes keep things simpler to read and understand).

--strk;

 ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 /\   Keep it simple!