RE: [Gnash-dev] Gnash: streaming from VLC server

From: Klaas-Pieter Vlieg
Subject: RE: [Gnash-dev] Gnash: streaming from VLC server
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:02:16 +0100

Hi

I was referring to the streaming support inside ffmpeg when it is compiled with
network support. Ffmpeg with network support entirely supports streaming via
http or rtsp. There is no need to use libcurl for receiving the stream, this
will be entirely handled by ffmpeg. Libcurl would only to be used for
controlling the vlc server, e.g. for manipulating/retrieving playlists and
directorylists.

So more precisely my questions are:
- do gnash classes and methods exist (which use libcurl) to connect to a vlc
server, open a file for streaming and start the streaming on the vlc server?

- do gnash classes and methods exist to, after the streaming from vlc has
started, open a videowindow and call ffmpeg's av_open_input_file(stream_url,
...) to start receiving and render the stream?

Cheers
Klaas-Pieter Vlieg