[Gnash-dev] plugins install dir

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] plugins install dir
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:32:34 +0200

It seems klash gets installed in a wrong dir by default.

We default klash_parts.desktop installation in $(prefix)/share/services
which is by default /usr/local/share/services
My KDE configuration doesn't go checking there.

There's a way to know which directory services should be installed in:

        kde-config --install services --expandvars

Which should be the target dir for installing klash_parts.desktop

Then, we default libklashplugin.{la,so,a} to $(libdir)/kde3, which is
by default /usr/local/lib/kde3.
Again, my KDE configuration doesn't go checking there (it looks for the .la,
which is then used to find the .so - the .a being unneeded)

Dunno how to find tha lib dir using kde-config, but there's likely
a way for it (does anyone know ?).

I suggest we set default install targets using these tools, and let
the user change them (for a non-root install or whatever else).

Similarly, we should be consistent with the NSAPI plugin, whihc
is currently installed in $HOME/.mozilla/plugins rather then
in a system-wide target.

Comments ?

Questions follow:

1) How to find the dir to install .la files to for kde ?
2) How to find the dir to install mozilla based plugins ?

--strk;

 ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 /\   Keep it simple!