Re: [Gnash-dev] server/asobj/xml.*

From: Hong Yu
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] server/asobj/xml.*
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:09:32 +0800

Thanks for your suggestions! In our case, so far this only happened on ARM, and pretty OK for x86. For the build on ARM, we traced that both XML and XMLNode could download and store the correct data, but something wrong happened when fetching data from XML string. Taking the specific example of YouTube homepage, the execution of action-scripts seemed not able to preserve the URL value of XML node 'thumbnail_url' from downloaded XML string. Therefore we wonder if anyone could suggest at which point in the source could we trace further, e.g. about the encoding etc. ? Thanks!

Best regards,

Hong Yu

Tomas Groth wrote:
We are currently porting Gnash0.8.2-rc1 to one ARM platform. However, we encounter one problem with YouTube homepage flash animation on that hardware: gnash could not get correct data from downloaded XML text string. We wonder about encoding problem somewhere, but still not sure of the detail. Anyone encountered similar problem before (not necessarily on ARM)? Thanks!

Yes, I've noticed this as well, and I'm pretty sure it's not a platform
dependent issue. I've done some testing into this, but couldn't figure out what
the problem is. Gnash can get xml from other servers (at least from my
testserver), but the youtube server returns a http 500 error (internal server
error) when the XML.sendandload function is used, so something must be wrong
somewhere...

cheers,

Tomas

      Find din nye laptop på kelkoo.dk. Se de gode tilbud her -
http://dk.yahoo.com/r/pat/mm