Re: [Gnash-dev] How goes the release?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] How goes the release?
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:12:25 -0700

John Gilmore wrote:
> Are we frozen yet?  I see Rob trying to restart the nightly builds.
> What needs doing, what's already done?

  I wound up starting the release process without making a release
branch, which I plan to do this morning. I was stalling hoping somebody
finishes up the new support for XV, as it'll make a big difference on
low end machines like the XO... At this point though, if that makes the
release at all, it'll have to be merged into both branches.

  So yeah, I got the rpm and deb packaging fixed, and I've been
primarily in sysadmin mode with the build farm. I've upgraded all the
machines to newer releases (lenny, intrepid, fc10, obsd44) so the
testing is more relevant.

  After I make a release branch, I noticed there are some test case
failures for the Data class that need to be looked into, and a few other
things.