Re: [Gnash-dev] How goes the release?

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] How goes the release?
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:53:30 +0100

>   After I make a release branch, I noticed there are some test case
> failures for the Data class that need to be looked into, and a few
> other
> things.

If you mean the Date class, there are some failures on Debian Etch due
to the compiler outputting "0" for ostream& << showpos << 0, instead of
"+0", as the C++ Standard dictates (bug
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?24752).

There are also some on i586 gcc 4.3 (Debian Lenny and Mandriva 2009 at
least) due to compiler floating point differences. The problem is that
the Date class uses a double internally, and C++ allows some weirdness
when optimizing floating point operations. We test some large-number
Date representations in the testsuite; some compilers do the same as the
Adobe player, some don't. Both outputs are Standard-compliant. They can
possibly be fixed (to make them compatible) using a gcc compiler flag,
or perhaps by trying to enforce storage of an intermediate stage in the
calculation, but both of these options would reduce performance for the
sake of fixing fairly insane cases.

bwy

--
Yes, YouTube does work in Gnash