Re: [Gnash-dev] How goes the release?

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] How goes the release?
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:09:23 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, Craig Kelley wrote:

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:

I was stalling hoping somebody finishes up the new support for XV

Is Bastiaan working on that?  I started porting it to 0.8.4, but
wasn't sure that it would apply for this next release, so I've been
holding off.  My original patch also requires ffmpeg, and there was
talk about generalizing the colorspace code for gst support (??)

Yes, I am working on that. I essentially reworked the whole thing to
outsource colorspace conversion to libmedia where it is now being done
by either mplayer or gstreamer, whichever is avaible. The interface is
media library-neutral. I also built in automatic detection & usage of Xv
support if is available and enabled in a .gnashrc setting, where Gnash
will try to use it and fall back on regular Xlib rendering if it isn't.
I reworked the code to be a separate GUI to preserve sanity.

Anyway, the whole thing basically works now aside from a snag in the Gst
code that I just discovered and a X error in the Xv Gui that pops up
"occasionally" and only during asynchronous X operations. Nevertheless I
am busy now merging the code in such a way that it won't affect
anything else unless we decide to "flick the switch" given that we're
about to push a release out.

Bastiaan