[Gnash-dev] Question about shape fill styles

From: Alessandro
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Question about shape fill styles
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 04:04:12 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build up a revamped opengl renderer that could exploit some
modern features such us fragment/vertex shader to speed up some operations.

I've a question about the meaning of fill style 0 and 1 when drawing paths.
I've read that they are used for the left and right side of an edge, but this
rule does not work on a simple swf file taken from adobe site:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/flash.swf

This contains among the other things a big red 'f' on the left and some blue
boxes at the bottom. All those shapes have the same winding direction (The
interior is always on the right of the edges), but the have opposite fill
styles. ('f' has only fill style 1, boxes have only fill style 0)

All those information can be extracted compiling gnash with
#define SHAPE_LOG 1

and running gnash -vp flash.swf

Can someone please explain what I'm getting wrong about this thing?

Thanks a lot,
Alessandro