Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash on mips performance issue

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash on mips performance issue
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:49:34 +0100

2010/1/29 ZouJQ <address@hidden>:
> I am use --enable-gui=sdl with agg as renderer.
> After run gprof, it shows the bottleneck is agg renderer.
>
> Now I do a test. In function "Gui::display(movie_root* m)" gui.cpp, remove
> "m->display();"(Render the frame) and "renderBuffer();"(show frame on
> screen). The fps is the same as x86 !!!

Could be a false alarm, but I would check if SDL GUI deals correctly
with invalidated regions.
It migth be faster to compare the SDL gui with the GTK gui first. If
GTK is faster then we
would have found a culprit.

> 1. Is there any way to optimize agg? Can agg do something changing on mips
> for better performance?

Most likely.
Do you have fundings or expertise to help with that ?

Also frame dropping (which I've been thinking about) could reduce the
problem with lower
effort, but improving AGG use is surely something worth doing.

> 2. It is an exciting news that the next release will come soon, thank you
> very much. Does this release modify renderer much, such as agg and cairo ?

No significant changes in rendering performance.
More details on changes here: http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Release_0.8.7

  /\   http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html