[Gnash-dev] Feature request: The ability to change the frame-rate

From: Daniel Cook
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Feature request: The ability to change the frame-rate
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 20:49:11 +0100 (BST)

Dear all,

I would like to submit the following feature request: the ability to change the output frame rate by means of a command line option, subject to feasibility. I would find this useful when running "dump-gnash". As things stand, the desired frame rate is 100 fps however it outputs at 39 - 41fps depending on the video, however a frame rate of 25 or 30 fps would suffice for many of my videos, would create smaller videos and I am not an expert, however I believe that some video formats may be restricted to 25fps anyway.

I am competent (although un-employable) in C++ so I think I could implement this feature. So I believe, the current 100fps is defined in Player.cpp as follows:

    if (! _delay) {
        // 10ms per heart beat
        _delay = 10;
    }
    _gui->setInterval(_delay);

This would easily be changed to

_delay = 40;    OR

#define _FRAMES_PER_SECOND 25
_delay = 1000 / FRAMES_PER_SECOND;        OR

(psuedocode)
int _frames_per_second =   ....... read command line argument -fps
_delay = 1000 / _frames_per_second;

If that is the case, it should be easy to implement.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Dan Cook