Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenVG support coming
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:44:53 -0600

On 03/22/11 10:34, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> What do you want us to look at then ?

  Real programmers can read code. :-)

> Maybe it's more useful if you give an overview of what changes in terms
> of interfaces, so we can give comments on that.

  Actually there have been very few interface changes, more moving code
around and adding piles of new code. The libdevice internal API is new
in it's entirety. I do plan to add more doxygen documentation as I do
the merge, and you'll see the commits in the email list.

  The biggest change to existing code was to the Framebuffer GUI. Up til
now, it's been AGG specific. In the branch it now has support for
multiple renderers like our other GUIs. So it's now more consistent than
in the past. I also added GTK glue for OpenVG, so it can be used on the
desktop as well. So this is also not an interface change, but new
support code.

  Also the existing input device code and vaapi code has been moved to
libdevice from it's previous locations. More long-term, vaapi will be
refactored so libdevice can support multiple hardware acceleration
libraries cleaner. I also made the GLES1 renderer compile with the
existing rendering API so it can eventually work again.