Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Question about gNewSense 5 (Debian Stretch)

From: GREen MOnster Games
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Question about gNewSense 5 (Debian Stretch)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 17:38:10 +0200

> I agree with you on this.
>
> It looks like the action takes place here:
>
> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/gnewsense/

I see that every day to verify the update. But the really big problem
are the new scripts.
Those 2 developers don't upload the new scripts to modify one debian
based. If they want that others testers and developers want
participate They must upload those scripts.

This is a really stupid thing but really important for this little project. ===
=================xx Organization, communication and transparency.

> Meanwhile, the gnewsense.org site is still super-slow to access, or actually
> inaccessible for me at this moment, and yet a static page was deployed as the
> front page of that site because of supposed (but unspecified) performance
> problems with the wiki. That makes me wonder whether the actual performance
> problems weren't more fundamental to the virtual hosting being used, despite
> claims that the FSF infrastructure people would have noticed such problems and
> flagged them.

Yes I allow all that you are explained me. More times too I have said
the same. 3 years the website is really slow without solution. Exist
more and more ways to do better. For example wordpress, plone and
drupal.

Thi group now have not many Volunteers because for this situation.

I am using gNewSense from 6 years a go, for me it's an really nice
operating system, but or the developers listen us or nothing.

I want collaborate like you, we are here if those 2 developers want
upload the scripts.

It's a best idea to organize the work for Debian Stretch based.

Now the team must explain 4 points:

1. The uploading the new scripts to build the new release.

2. The access to collaborate. I am interested too for that.

3. The collaboration to write a new website. Drupal, wordpress, plone
or more more more more more more other.

4. The name of developers active now. Because we need the contact to
collaborate better.

and plus one point 5. The name of Volunteers that translate the languages.

> Anyway, if things were a bit more transparent and distributed, people could at
> least figure out some of the simple stuff for themselves and make modest
> contributions. I still don't really know where to begin, and so I just decide
> to spend my time on other things instead.

I too Paul, now  I have wrote the points that the team must clear and
explain and than we can collaborate too on this beautiful project, but
now we are not more volunteers I think this is one good alarm for make
better. This is the last possibility.

Thanks in advance

MIKE from Green Monster Games Team