Re: 8210 and IrDa

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: 8210 and IrDa
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:20:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Thomas Watz wrote:

> yes, no problems with Windows 98 and 3 or 4 software programs.

hmmm... that it definitely is not the software (in the phone) problem.

> I am on the german Debian ML and asked about my IrDA connection and
> their opinion is, that my IrDA conf. is o.k.
> I also compared and adjusted everything related to this to the confs
> of 2 other people of this list (thanks Bostjan and thanks Svante for
> your help), but this did not solve the problem.
>
> Doesn't the debug output give you any hint?

No, I still belive this is the irda configuration problem. But let's start
from the beginning. Please show:
 o irda configuration from the kernel
 o all irda related configuration (how do you run it, modules.conf, etc)
 o loaded irda modules when running gnokii/minicom
 o gnokii config
 o gnokii --identify output with debug enabled
and then answer these questions:
1. Does minicom to the phone work?
2. Does anything else with the irda dongle work?

Sorry for bothering you again, but it will be easier to solve the problem
having all informations in one email.